“The Tempest” belongs to the last period of the author’s plays (the play was written in 1611-1612 years). Some of the dramatist scholars consider “The Tempest” as the last play by Shakespeare. It is kind of a theatric will of an author who poetically says farewell to the theatre; the main character of the play – the Duke-magician Prospero is also considered as an Alter Ego of a dramatist. The Duke of Milan is forced to leave his hometown with his little daughter Miranda. Father and daughter get to a magical island, where unusual creatures and souls live. For many years, Prospero and Miranda live next to them, but one day everything changes - thanks to fate or magic, a ship sails near the island. All the nobles gathered on the ship - King Alonso, his brother Sebastian and son Ferdinand, as well as Prosper's rival, Duke of Milan. Prospero causes a storm, the ship is sinking and everybody come together on a magical island, where each of them is waiting for a strange adventure...
- directed by — Giorgi Tavadze
- designed by — Anna Kalatozishvili
- stage manager — Natali Arveladze
- choreography by — Gia Margania
- translated by — Vakhtang Chelidze
- cast: David Khakhidze, Zurab Avsajanishvili, Nino Andriadze, Irakli Gogoladze, Giorgi Katchakhidze, Paata Kikvadze, David Rostomashvili, Nikoloz Paikridze, Giorgi Jikuridze, Vameh Jangidze, Merab Brekashvili, Mariam Khukhunaishvili,