Evangelion – completely new and daring choreographic-drama project of State Youth Theatre. 6 Biblical stories are told in free, contemporary dance style. The famous Georgian choreographer Gia Marghania is an author of the performance. His idea was not just to illustrate marvelous Evangelistic texts, but to express emotional and spiritual condition in plastic. The theatre actors present parables of John the Baptist, The Prodigal Son, Mary Magdalene, Salome, Judas and Song of Songs. The performance is staged in very modern way, but at the same time, the director-choreographer uses the so called medieval artistic and conceptual method – before each episode an actor reads the corresponding parable. This is an impressive artistic symbiosis, which harmoniously combines choreography, music, drama and visual arts.
- directed by — Gia Margania
- stage manager — Inga Katchakhidze
- music directed by — Zurab Gagloshvili
- choreography by — Gia Margania
- set designer — Gia Margania
- — Gia Margania
- cast: Nino Lezhava, Nino Archaia, Khatia Melkadze, Tamara Chanukvadze, Vano Dugladze, Mariam Chukhrukidze, Rati Goguadze, Nikoloz Nanitashvili, Lasha Grdzelidze, Ana Mghebrishvili, Zurab Avsajanishvili, Ana Zambakhidze, Tekla Javakhadze, Nikoloz Paikridze, Giorgi Shavgulidze, Tamar Tskvitinidze, Giorgi Jikuridze, Mariam Khukhunaishvili,